Wednesday 25 March 2009

Brian Donnelly




Brian Donnelly was born in Toronto, Canada in 1979. He graduated in 2003 at the Ontario College of Art and Design.

This is how he explains his work :

« I try to maintain a sense of honesty as well as a sense of humor within my work. These aspects joint with an interest in the analysis of art and art culture have been the primary ingredients through the majority of my work since my interest in representational painting grew to become my main focus. These elements allow me to invite my viewer to look outside the two-dimensional plane, and consider the context of the work, as well as the process involved in the completion of work. In doing so I blur the line between painting the verb and painting the noun.
With these mechanisms in place I aim to create an open dialogue between the work and the audience, as well as to better explore my medium and its impact. »




++Brian Donnelly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

actually I was born in St. Catharines, ON, Canada. I moved to Toronto in 1999.

-brian

Zèbre bleu said...

Oups... Sorry! Thanks for the correction :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...