Thursday 27 November 2008

Nelligan vu par Rohrer part II






I said I would post some pictures of the vernissage I went to on tuesday. I took those pictures with my iphone, so they are pretty bad. The ones I took with my camera are even worst. Go wonder.
Anyhow, I am still posting them thinking you can get a feeling of Rohrer's work. The canvases were charged with old book/paper/pictures clippings and stencil details were repeated all around the central core. On some of his works, he had added old iron nails. The general feeling was dark, religious, disturbed at the image of the poet, Émile Nelligan. I loved it.
If you happen to be in Montreal, stop by the Hotel Nelligan, Rohrer's work should be on display for another 5 weeks.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...