Tuesday 28 September 2010

MARCY MILKS

























MARCY MILKS
1978 Born in Buffalo, NY
1998-99 Diploma, University of Kent at Canterbury, UK
1996-2000 B.F.A. University at Buffalo, Buffalo, NY
2002-04 M.F.A. Pratt Institute, New York, NY

"I was born and raised in Buffalo, New York by two loving parents. As an only child, I entertained myself through creative means and completed my first painting at the age of two. During my adolescence, I resided in the same house and attended the same neighborhood school. At 16, I toured a portion of Europe with a small group of students. Traveling for the first time overseas provided me with new experiences and instilled a love for exploration that has stayed with me ever since.

I attended college at the University of New York at Buffalo. I met new people and was part of a distinctly individualized community of artists. In my junior year, I participated in an exchange program that allowed me to study at the University of Kent at Canterbury. In England, I studied Art History and Philosophy, started kickboxing, and traveled as often as possible.

After receiving my BFA, I moved to Arizona where I continued to make art and was able to show my work in various galleries throughout Phoenix. During this time, I was fortunate enough to travel to Thailand and Korea.

In the fall of 2002, I returned to New York and attended Pratt Institute to continue my studies in Fine Art. There, conceptual and critical thought became more prevalent in how I approached my work. In addition to painting, I started to work sculpturally. In May of 2004, I received my MFA. I currently live and work in Brooklyn and continue to travel as often as I can." MARCY MILKS

MARCY MILKS

1 comment:

sonoio said...

bellísimas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...