Friday 27 February 2009

Sophie Calle







These are pictures from Sophie Calle's project Take Care of Yourself she thought of after receiving a breakup letter with these words written in it. This is how she explains it :

«I received an email telling me it was over.
I didn’t know how to respond
It was almost as if it hadn’t been meant for me.
It ended with the words, Take care of yourself.
I followed this advice to the letter
I asked 107 women (as well as two handpuppets and a parrot), chosen for their profession or skills, to interpret the letter.
To analyse it, comment on it, dance it, sing it. Dissect it. Exhaust it.
Understand it for me. Answer for me.
It was a way of taking the time to break up
A way to take care of myself. »



The Galerie Perrotin presents some clips of these videos (click on one of the pictures of women holding a letter and a pop up window will open. There, you will have access to these clips. Just so you know, not every picture presents a clip...).



+Sophie Calle @ Galerie Perrotin
+Sophie Calle @ the Guardian

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...