Wednesday 8 December 2010

KELLY REEMTSEN


KELLY REEMTSEN/// IT'S MY PARTY

KELLY REEMTSEN is one of my favorites painters. I love her settings. I love to imagine what could have happened or what is about to happen.... Is she going to kill her husband or is she really just going to cut trees wearing that beautiful dress? It's almost like a Clue game... pick the dress, pick the tool, pick the room and you're in for a perfect murder. A friend once told me the paintings reminded her of Kate Winslet's character in the movie Revolutionnary Road (with Leonardo Decaprio). And I thought she was absolutely right. I feel like these women are on the verge of neurosis, yet I assume this and all I see is a dress and a tool. Funny how my mind can get wondering with just these 2 facts...

KELLY REEMTSEN
KELLY REEMTSEN @ ALDER & CO
KELLY REEMTSEN PREVIOUSLY ON LE ZÈBRE

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...