Saturday 5 February 2011

LEE BOYD






"Manimal has grown from my studies of wildlife and the observations of human nature. Looking at how a we have animalised human traits through society, terminalology, and sterotyping. That together with the juxtaposition of how in a general we humanize animals. Giving them anthropomorphic characteristics. Each piece has a story, a reason for being based upon those studies. I am aware of the historical context of this process and that is far from a new Idea. Through out art history, culture and science this topic has arisen, here I am attempting to pay homage to that and create works that express my thoughts of society around me. There is an element of humour which is not to belittle or poke fun but rather to help engage with the works."(LEE BOYD)

LEE BOYD

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...