Wednesday 6 October 2010

JASON CANTORO


JASON CANTORO

"I was born, I live and work in Montreal.
I was part of exhibitions in Canada, France and the United States.
I co-founded Sérigraphie Cinqunquatre with Alice Jarry in 2003.
It is a silkscreen studio and a place for creative exploration located in the mile end area of Montreal.
Full time studio-artist and illustrator, i work with Montreal music groups and collaborate with designers to create custom original artwork.
I received a grant from the Arts Council of Quebec in 2008 to create large pieces displayed in urban areas.
I work to combine my drawings, pictures, patterns and old iconic imagery through screen printing.

The particularity of my work comes in the fact that i use a reproduction technique in order to make unique pieces. I work with multiple screens in order to create compositions while printing (instead of creating them on the computer).
The study of the characteristics of silkscreen as well as the strengths and limitations of the medium is the engine of my exploration. I work mostly on addition and subtraction of images by controlling the opacity of the layers. The esthetic of my work is caracterized by the transparencies and nuances created by multi-layering. I see the work on images as a dynamic narrative world that evolves in time thru personal experiences."(JASON CANTORO)


JASON CANTORO

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...