Wednesday 26 March 2008

Armed America

Kyle Cassidy traveled 15,000 miles over two years photographing Americans in their homes and asking one question: Why do you own a gun?

Kyle Cassidy a parcouru 15 000 miles à travers l'Amérique pour photographier des Américains dans leur maison et pour leur demander : «Pourquoi avez-vous un fusil?»


Dan: I consider the ownership of arms not only a right, but the duty of a free people to themselves and future generations.


Drew: Owning a firearm brings me some sort of balance. When I am angry at the world I find relief in dropping a clip into the air. And, at the same time, if the world threatens me or those I love, I find relief in the protection it gives me.


Paul: My family had guns the whole time I was a kid. then i went off and joined the army and went away and come back. I have guns now largely for the same reason I have fire extinguishers in the house and spare tires in the car. I'm a self reliant kind of guy. and there could come a time when I need to protect my family and i'm a self reliant kind of guy.

Beth: I have one for self protection. I was raised to never rely on anyone else to protect me or watch my back. It took me a year to pick out one that I liked.


Via

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...