Thursday 21 February 2013

DANIEL ST-AMANT











DANIEL ST-AMANT /// MODERN SURFACE

In an era of mass consumption, poverty, pollution and war, it's difficult to avoid being alarmed by the abundance of negativity and hopelessness that surrounds us.
My work explores some of these issues, specifically our destruction and exploitation of the natural environment. As our population grows, so does our consumption as a species with increasing pressure to meet quotas and profits. Humans are driving deeper and deeper into the wilderness. My latest paintings discuss this pressure we are putting on the natural environment and the adaptation that the animal kingdom is forced to undergo.
Using modern surfaces such as major road ways to emphasize our global footprint, I have managed to capture the density within our city life. Laying my canvas on the road I capture physical traces of climate affecting technologies “tire tracks” to which I use as a landscape for my animal compositions.



DANIEL ST-AMANT

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...