Thursday 22 November 2012

CHRISTOPHE JACROT






















CHRISTOPHE JACROT /// STATEMENT

In my opinion, there are two ways of capturing the world for a photographer; on the one hand grasping its horror, and on the other sublimating it. I have chosen the second. More specifically, I like the way rain, snow and “bad weather” awaken a feeling of romantic fiction within me (climatic excesses are another topic).
I see these elements as a fabulous ground for photography, an under-used visual universe with a strong evocative power, and with a richness of subtle lights. This universe escapes most of us, since we are too occupied getting undercover. Man becomes a ghostly silhouette wandering and obeying the hazards of rain or of snow.
My approach is deliberately pictorial and emotional.

CHRISTOPHE JACROT

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...